Tuesday 11 June 2013

A Happy Story that began with a few neat gadgets

The first real moment of true happiness in my life was when I got the Nintendo Entertainment System as a 4-year-old child. My parents and I were visiting family in Chicago when a box holding the newest technology was given to me and met with pure joy.

That began my love affair with gadgets and technology. You see, when I got a bit older I was into spy gadgets like the "Talk Boy" from Home Alone 2 and invisible ink.

Figure 1.  NES Controller. [Photograph] by Monkey Royale, 2013,
Adapted from http://www.flickr.com/photos/MonkeyRoyale/ 5937823549/
From there I got older and more mature so I started looking into TVs, game consoles and cell phones. As my first real purchase with my own money I naturally went for the PlayStation so I could keep up with all my friends. After that, video games were a way to bond with other people and spark common interests.

As an adult, slowly progressing out of hardcore gaming (sigh) cell phones replaced the spy gadgets of years past. I will never forget standing in line at the Apple Store in New York City waiting to get my hands on the iPhone. I couldn’t wait to get home and have it unlocked so I could show off the pinnacle of the newest technology. I can safely say it all began with a few neat gadgets, and the passion will probably never go away.


Do you have any influential gadgets that helped you grow as a person? Leave your happy story bellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment